Grain cups hold calf starter
A plastic grain cup holds each calf's starter on Don Reber's 100-cow Jersey operation in Apple Creek, Ohio. Reber purchased the 5-inch by 7-inch grain cups from a local grain elevator equipment supplier for about $7 each. Since the cups came with pre-punched holes, Reber simply drilled a hole through the wooden partition separating two calves and mounted two grain cups against each other. The cups are positioned within easy reach of the calves and are easy to clean, he says.
- One Nebraska farmer takes ALS ice bucket challenge to extreme
- Dairying in a warzone
- Vandenheuvel: Time to act on California federal order
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Using Activity Monitors to Predict Ovulation & Get Cows Pregnant
- John Deere’s 2014 product launch heavy in hay equipment