Grain cups hold calf starter
A plastic grain cup holds each calf's starter on Don Reber's 100-cow Jersey operation in Apple Creek, Ohio. Reber purchased the 5-inch by 7-inch grain cups from a local grain elevator equipment supplier for about $7 each. Since the cups came with pre-punched holes, Reber simply drilled a hole through the wooden partition separating two calves and mounted two grain cups against each other. The cups are positioned within easy reach of the calves and are easy to clean, he says.
- Most crop futures are starting Thursday on a strong note
- Dairy markets: A mid-week pop to the upside
- As debate rages, GMO labeling votes loom in Oregon, Colorado
- Businesses urge Obama to fast-track Asian trade deal
- Wednesday's CME Dairy Market Recap
- NMPF adds Bongards-MN, Mount Joy-PA, Cortland & Oneida-Madison-NY