Endsley Dairy built two 15-gallon batch waste-milk pasteurizers out of used hospital kitchen sterilizing units (bought for less than $50 each). The milk takes about 45 minutes to heat to 160 degrees, says Greg Endsley. The pasteurizers work well for the calves on the 400-cow dairy. (Also see related tip, “Use calf milk pasteurizers wisely,” at right.
Homemade milk pasteurizer
- Boggess named U.S. Dairy Forage Research Center director
- DHM Markets/Marketers: Product prices, April margins, dairy CPI
- Grain futures lagged the other ag markets Wednesday
- Inlets essential to tunnel ventilation success
- Soy, cotton futures led the ag markets Wednesday morning
- Ice cream makers scoop up awards for innovative flavors