Endsley Dairy built two 15-gallon batch waste-milk pasteurizers out of used hospital kitchen sterilizing units (bought for less than $50 each). The milk takes about 45 minutes to heat to 160 degrees, says Greg Endsley. The pasteurizers work well for the calves on the 400-cow dairy. (Also see related tip, “Use calf milk pasteurizers wisely,” at right.
Homemade milk pasteurizer
No matching related articles at this time.
- Livestock futures were outdoing the crop markets Monday morning
- Increased global grain production means lower prices for growers
- After WTO, expectations grow for Trans-Pacific trade deal
- Ag markets are beginning this week firmly
- Problem solving and decision making on the farm
- Will Santa bring a farm bill this Christmas?