The University of Wisconsin’s Center for Dairy Profitability has a new tool available to help you arrive at fair rent figures for ag buildings. The spreadsheet features formulas and suggestions to help you determine rental values. However, keep in mind that these prices are only intended to be benchmarks — a starting point for negotiations. You’ll also need to consider local supply and demand, the technology level of the structures and more. To access the spreadsheet, go to: http://cdp.wisc.edu/wk1/BuildingRentalValueV2.xls
How to figure fair rent for ag buildings
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?