The University of Wisconsin’s Center for Dairy Profitability has a new tool available to help you arrive at fair rent figures for ag buildings. The spreadsheet features formulas and suggestions to help you determine rental values. However, keep in mind that these prices are only intended to be benchmarks — a starting point for negotiations. You’ll also need to consider local supply and demand, the technology level of the structures and more. To access the spreadsheet, go to: http://cdp.wisc.edu/wk1/BuildingRentalValueV2.xls
How to figure fair rent for ag buildings
- Minnesota's largest dairy shows calf facility
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Video: Milk's journey - 48 hours in 48 seconds
- Video: "Show kids got their white pants on"
- U.S dairy cow numbers up, but replacement heifer numbers lower
- Foremost Farms, Michigan Milk announce strategic alliance