Sure, shoes are a big deal for former Philippines first lady Imelda Marcos. But, quality footwear is also important on your dairy. After all, it's essential to provide a good foundation for the many miles your feet and those of your employees put on during a typical workday.
Here are a few footwear keys from Gempler's to keep in mind:
- Always wear comfortable footwear with proper padding that provides good arch support and reduces stress on your toes and the balls of your feet - especially if you spend a lot of time on concrete floors.
- Make sure your shoes are the right size. One-half size too big is better than a half-size too small.
- If you climb ladders often, wear rubber-soled shoes because they provide a better grip on rungs. Avoid leather-soled shoes since they slip easier.
- Wear steel-toed shoes or boots when appropriate.
- Always wear shoes or boots that cover your entire foot to reduce the risk of cuts, chemical exposure and being stepped on by animals.
- The right footwear can also prevent other injuries, like those to your back, shoulders or limbs from slips and falls.
To receive this or other Tailgate Training Tip sheets, contact Gempler's Inc. at (800) 328-8473.