Rubber flooring in alleys can be a good thing, but it shouldn’t rob the cow of lying time. That’s why it’s so important to promote good stall use by providing stalls that allow cows to get up and down easily. “Otherwise, we may be taking them out of the stall and making them stand on rubber,” says Nigel Cook, veterinarian at the University of Wisconsin. Remember, rubber flooring is most effective in high-traffic areas, like return lanes and crossover alleys.
Maximize the benefits of rubber flooring
- DHM Numbers: CWT export sales; dairy replacement auctions
- Recount upholds Missouri’s ‘Right to Farm’
- Next ‘Protecting Your Profits’ conference call is Sept. 24
- Ag markets turned mostly lower Tuesday morning
- FDA vetted seven percent of animal antibiotics for superbug risk
- Corn in great shape as harvest takes off