Rubber flooring in alleys can be a good thing, but it shouldn’t rob the cow of lying time. That’s why it’s so important to promote good stall use by providing stalls that allow cows to get up and down easily. “Otherwise, we may be taking them out of the stall and making them stand on rubber,” says Nigel Cook, veterinarian at the University of Wisconsin. Remember, rubber flooring is most effective in high-traffic areas, like return lanes and crossover alleys.
Maximize the benefits of rubber flooring
- Making recommendations on climate change mitigation
- Vermont Senate passes GMO labeling bill
- Is chocolate milk ban-worthy? Study says ‘no’
- To prevent crime, farmers, deputies use proven tools
- Can ration sorting benefit lactating dairy cattle?
- CME trading outage showed that man can still match the machine