Rubber flooring in alleys can be a good thing, but it shouldn’t rob the cow of lying time. That’s why it’s so important to promote good stall use by providing stalls that allow cows to get up and down easily. “Otherwise, we may be taking them out of the stall and making them stand on rubber,” says Nigel Cook, veterinarian at the University of Wisconsin. Remember, rubber flooring is most effective in high-traffic areas, like return lanes and crossover alleys.
Maximize the benefits of rubber flooring
No matching related articles at this time.
- Stopgap farm bill passes House, extends current law to January
- FDA plans to phase out some antibiotic use on farms
- Livestock futures outperformed grain, soy markets Thursday
- Serious agriculture points from a comedian
- Top negotiators say U.S. farm bill delayed to January
- Calves with Sam: The most common mistake in mixing milk replacer