Rubber flooring in alleys can be a good thing, but it shouldn’t rob the cow of lying time. That’s why it’s so important to promote good stall use by providing stalls that allow cows to get up and down easily. “Otherwise, we may be taking them out of the stall and making them stand on rubber,” says Nigel Cook, veterinarian at the University of Wisconsin. Remember, rubber flooring is most effective in high-traffic areas, like return lanes and crossover alleys.
Maximize the benefits of rubber flooring
- Most crop futures are starting Thursday on a strong note
- Dairy markets: A mid-week pop to the upside
- As debate rages, GMO labeling votes loom in Oregon, Colorado
- Businesses urge Obama to fast-track Asian trade deal
- Wednesday's CME Dairy Market Recap
- NMPF adds Bongards-MN, Mount Joy-PA, Cortland & Oneida-Madison-NY