Rubber flooring in alleys can be a good thing, but it shouldn’t rob the cow of lying time. That’s why it’s so important to promote good stall use by providing stalls that allow cows to get up and down easily. “Otherwise, we may be taking them out of the stall and making them stand on rubber,” says Nigel Cook, veterinarian at the University of Wisconsin. Remember, rubber flooring is most effective in high-traffic areas, like return lanes and crossover alleys.
Maximize the benefits of rubber flooring
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
- California February 4a/4b prices new record highs
ReaShure® Precision Release Choline