Pass-throughs connect maternity pens
Pass-throughs between every pen allow employees to move from maternity pen to maternity pen without having to open a gate. To facilitate the design, the distance between the structural posts in the feed alley row and the structural posts at the front of the maternity pens is 14 feet instead of the standard 12 feet. The cow alley, however, is still 12 feet wide from curb to curb. Round steel posts were set into the alley curb on the maternity pen side, and gates were hung on those posts. The space between the post that holds the gates and the structural post is 2 feet — just the right size for a pass-through.
- One Nebraska farmer takes ALS ice bucket challenge to extreme
- Dairying in a warzone
- Vandenheuvel: Time to act on California federal order
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Using Activity Monitors to Predict Ovulation & Get Cows Pregnant
- John Deere’s 2014 product launch heavy in hay equipment