Pass-throughs connect maternity pens
Pass-throughs between every pen allow employees to move from maternity pen to maternity pen without having to open a gate. To facilitate the design, the distance between the structural posts in the feed alley row and the structural posts at the front of the maternity pens is 14 feet instead of the standard 12 feet. The cow alley, however, is still 12 feet wide from curb to curb. Round steel posts were set into the alley curb on the maternity pen side, and gates were hung on those posts. The space between the post that holds the gates and the structural post is 2 feet — just the right size for a pass-through.
No matching related articles at this time.
- Why both Liberals and Conservatives are wrong about immigration
- Novartis opens animal health books to Bayer, others
- Corn silage pricing
- Lead negotiator sees January finish for overdue U.S. farm bill
- Boehner says expiring US farm bill should get 1-month extension
- Calif. dairy steals the show on ‘Undercover Boss’