Pass-throughs connect maternity pens
Pass-throughs between every pen allow employees to move from maternity pen to maternity pen without having to open a gate. To facilitate the design, the distance between the structural posts in the feed alley row and the structural posts at the front of the maternity pens is 14 feet instead of the standard 12 feet. The cow alley, however, is still 12 feet wide from curb to curb. Round steel posts were set into the alley curb on the maternity pen side, and gates were hung on those posts. The space between the post that holds the gates and the structural post is 2 feet — just the right size for a pass-through.
- Video: "Show kids got their white pants on"
- Dairy markets: Milk production report sends markets lower
- Dean spin-off of WhiteWave: Silk beating milk one year later
- Corn crop in best shape in 21 years
- Minnesota's largest dairy shows calf facility
- Michigan honors Continental Dairy Facilities for exports