At Winding Meadows Dairy, Rock Valley, Iowa, cows drink cool water from poured concrete water tanks. The tank walls are 5.5 inches thick, and each tank has a 3-inch drain for easy cleaning. Water from the plate cooler is piped underground to each of the tanks in the free-stall barn. Floats for the water tanks are located near the parlor next to the plate-cooler reservoir.
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?