At Winding Meadows Dairy, Rock Valley, Iowa, cows drink cool water from poured concrete water tanks. The tank walls are 5.5 inches thick, and each tank has a 3-inch drain for easy cleaning. Water from the plate cooler is piped underground to each of the tanks in the free-stall barn. Floats for the water tanks are located near the parlor next to the plate-cooler reservoir.
- One Nebraska farmer takes ALS ice bucket challenge to extreme
- Dairying in a warzone
- Vandenheuvel: Time to act on California federal order
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Using Activity Monitors to Predict Ovulation & Get Cows Pregnant
- John Deere’s 2014 product launch heavy in hay equipment