At Winding Meadows Dairy, Rock Valley, Iowa, cows drink cool water from poured concrete water tanks. The tank walls are 5.5 inches thick, and each tank has a 3-inch drain for easy cleaning. Water from the plate cooler is piped underground to each of the tanks in the free-stall barn. Floats for the water tanks are located near the parlor next to the plate-cooler reservoir.
- Vance Agribusiness names 2014 40 Under 40 honorees
- 6 questions and answers about rumen development in calves
- Life changes, but fall brings World Dairy Expo
- Last look at New Holland Pavilions before World Dairy Expo
- Dairy calf care: Every delivery is special
- Dairy calf care: When to assist, what to do