At Winding Meadows Dairy, Rock Valley, Iowa, cows drink cool water from poured concrete water tanks. The tank walls are 5.5 inches thick, and each tank has a 3-inch drain for easy cleaning. Water from the plate cooler is piped underground to each of the tanks in the free-stall barn. Floats for the water tanks are located near the parlor next to the plate-cooler reservoir.
- USDA: FAQs about potential California FMMO
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast