At Winding Meadows Dairy, Rock Valley, Iowa, cows drink cool water from poured concrete water tanks. The tank walls are 5.5 inches thick, and each tank has a 3-inch drain for easy cleaning. Water from the plate cooler is piped underground to each of the tanks in the free-stall barn. Floats for the water tanks are located near the parlor next to the plate-cooler reservoir.
No matching related articles at this time.
- 4 rules for growing a business or industry
- Corn planting pace turns from record slow to record fast
- Ag markets seemed to follow gold higher Monday afternoon
- Online systems keeps exporters abreast of market regulations
- April milk production up 0.3 percent
- New crop cottonseed market rallies in face of tight supplies