Visitors are welcome from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily at Van Der Geest Dairy in Merrill, Wis. But unwanted organisms unintentionally accompanying farm guests are not appreciated. Therefore, the farm has a strict biosecurity policy. Signs like this one are posted throughout the farm to remind visitors that plastic boots must be worn at all times and that certain areas are off limits to non-farm personnel.
- Yogurt nominated as New York’s ‘state snack’
- 6 of California’s Top 10 counties saw 2013 milk output declines
- USDA amends Appalachian, Southeast and Florida federal orders
- Legislation would block EPA from releasing producer information
- USDA: Livestock producers urged to keep good disaster records
- DHM Markets/Marketers: PA IOFC a record high
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- DHM Markets/Marketers: Fluid sales, cost of production, Chobani
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"