Visitors are welcome from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily at Van Der Geest Dairy in Merrill, Wis. But unwanted organisms unintentionally accompanying farm guests are not appreciated. Therefore, the farm has a strict biosecurity policy. Signs like this one are posted throughout the farm to remind visitors that plastic boots must be worn at all times and that certain areas are off limits to non-farm personnel.
- Vance Agribusiness names 2014 40 Under 40 honorees
- 6 questions and answers about rumen development in calves
- Life changes, but fall brings World Dairy Expo
- Last look at New Holland Pavilions before World Dairy Expo
- Dairy calf care: Every delivery is special
- Dairy calf care: When to assist, what to do