Visitors are welcome from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily at Van Der Geest Dairy in Merrill, Wis. But unwanted organisms unintentionally accompanying farm guests are not appreciated. Therefore, the farm has a strict biosecurity policy. Signs like this one are posted throughout the farm to remind visitors that plastic boots must be worn at all times and that certain areas are off limits to non-farm personnel.
- DHM Numbers: Pennsylvania, Missouri dairy cattle sales
- FairRent, now online, helps you find land rent values
- Wednesday's CME Dairy Market Recap
- Ag markets proved rather divergent Wednesday
- Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy® seeking next class of stewards
- Ten Do’s & Don’ts for ‘Low-Cost’ and ‘Retrofit’ Milking Parlors
- One Nebraska farmer takes ALS ice bucket challenge to extreme
- Organic/conventional quite indifferent in cow health, milk
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Got Milk? Expands communications in unique agency partnership
- Iowa rancher is next star on 'The Bachelor'
- Idaho dairy associations scrutinized for letter about farm tours