Visitors are welcome from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily at Van Der Geest Dairy in Merrill, Wis. But unwanted organisms unintentionally accompanying farm guests are not appreciated. Therefore, the farm has a strict biosecurity policy. Signs like this one are posted throughout the farm to remind visitors that plastic boots must be worn at all times and that certain areas are off limits to non-farm personnel.
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
- California February 4a/4b prices new record highs