The next time you train new Hispanic employees in the parlor, consider giving them a copy of your dairy's milking procedures in Spanish. Francisco San Emeterio, dairy consultant with Purina Mills, Inc., in Lansing, Mich., encourages his clients to provide the milking routine in two columns - one in English and the other in Spanish. "It is a lot easier to communicate between two languages with a piece of paper" that is separated into two distinct columns, he says.
Provide milking procedures in Spanish
- Vance Agribusiness names 2014 40 Under 40 honorees
- 6 questions and answers about rumen development in calves
- Life changes, but fall brings World Dairy Expo
- Last look at New Holland Pavilions before World Dairy Expo
- Dairy calf care: Every delivery is special
- Dairy calf care: When to assist, what to do