The next time you train new Hispanic employees in the parlor, consider giving them a copy of your dairy's milking procedures in Spanish. Francisco San Emeterio, dairy consultant with Purina Mills, Inc., in Lansing, Mich., encourages his clients to provide the milking routine in two columns - one in English and the other in Spanish. "It is a lot easier to communicate between two languages with a piece of paper" that is separated into two distinct columns, he says.
Provide milking procedures in Spanish
- Baise: Judge dismisses Calif. egg law case but not all is lost
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- September U.S. milk production up 4%
- VIDEO: Shatto Dairy, from nearly broke to booming
- World Dairy Expo Futurity Entries Due Soon