The owners of Pine Hill Jersey Farm in New Waterford, Ohio, built this roof over the calf hutches. The roof protects the calves — and family members who feed them — from the elements. It’s also cost-effective, because it helps keep the bedding dry for a longer time period, says Scott Lindsay, owner of the 425-cow Jersey operation.
Roof protects calf hutches
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?