The owners of Pine Hill Jersey Farm in New Waterford, Ohio, built this roof over the calf hutches. The roof protects the calves — and family members who feed them — from the elements. It’s also cost-effective, because it helps keep the bedding dry for a longer time period, says Scott Lindsay, owner of the 425-cow Jersey operation.
Roof protects calf hutches
No matching related articles at this time.
- Calif. dairy steals the show on ‘Undercover Boss’
- Fleeing suspect falls face-first in cow manure
- Slow music boosts milk production
- Precision dairy technologies galore: What to do?
- Another study shows that carbohydrate, not fat, is the culprit
- College Aggies Online Program scholarship winner announced