The owners of Pine Hill Jersey Farm in New Waterford, Ohio, built this roof over the calf hutches. The roof protects the calves — and family members who feed them — from the elements. It’s also cost-effective, because it helps keep the bedding dry for a longer time period, says Scott Lindsay, owner of the 425-cow Jersey operation.
Roof protects calf hutches
- First sights of World Dairy Expo 2014
- Slideshow: World Dairy Expo opens to big crowd
- 2014 Dairy Herd Management Innovation Awards announced
- Early Wednesday World Dairy Expo photographs
- Select Sires offers new ear-tag based herd management system
- U.S. dairy decries EU-Canada trade agreement market barriers