The owners of Pine Hill Jersey Farm in New Waterford, Ohio, built this roof over the calf hutches. The roof protects the calves — and family members who feed them — from the elements. It’s also cost-effective, because it helps keep the bedding dry for a longer time period, says Scott Lindsay, owner of the 425-cow Jersey operation.
Roof protects calf hutches
- Dairy markets: Class III futures reveal bull horns
- Ag markets moved generally lower Monday night
- Canadian dairy producers battle processors over milk jug size
- Certified Animal Welfare Audits: Part 4 – Preparing your farm
- McDonald's faces shortages at some China outlets
- Mid-year inventory shows further declines in cattle numbers