The owners of Pine Hill Jersey Farm in New Waterford, Ohio, built this roof over the calf hutches. The roof protects the calves — and family members who feed them — from the elements. It’s also cost-effective, because it helps keep the bedding dry for a longer time period, says Scott Lindsay, owner of the 425-cow Jersey operation.
Roof protects calf hutches
- BQA Producers Forum open to all checkoff investors
- GMO labeling foes spend big on campaigns in Oregon, Colorado
- Land O'Lakes creates 10 new fellowships at 5 universities
- Michigan State seeks 2015 Dairy Farmer of the Year applications
- Innovation Center For US Dairy: Mind The (Energy) Gap
- December genomics workshops scheduled in ID, WA, TX, and FL