Representatives of FS Seed processed and analyzed corn stalks for Illinois producers last August at this special “Chipper Day” event. It served as a good reminder then — and now -— that testing the corn-silage crop as it nears maturity can help you determine an ideal harvest time. During early- to mid-August, set up an appointment with a forage-testing laboratory to monitor progress while the crop still stands in the field.
Test your corn silage prior to harvest
- What to do now in regards to the 2014 Farm Bill
- Cropp: September Dairy Situation and Outlook
- Merck Animal Health to market Neogen’s dairy genomic program
- Cyprus debt deal weighs on grain, livestock markets
- Video: Evaluating corn silage processing in the field
- No Farm Bill could mean $38 milk after Jan. 1