Representatives of FS Seed processed and analyzed corn stalks for Illinois producers last August at this special “Chipper Day” event. It served as a good reminder then — and now -— that testing the corn-silage crop as it nears maturity can help you determine an ideal harvest time. During early- to mid-August, set up an appointment with a forage-testing laboratory to monitor progress while the crop still stands in the field.
Test your corn silage prior to harvest
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?