Representatives of FS Seed processed and analyzed corn stalks for Illinois producers last August at this special “Chipper Day” event. It served as a good reminder then — and now -— that testing the corn-silage crop as it nears maturity can help you determine an ideal harvest time. During early- to mid-August, set up an appointment with a forage-testing laboratory to monitor progress while the crop still stands in the field.
Test your corn silage prior to harvest
- One Nebraska farmer takes ALS ice bucket challenge to extreme
- Organic/conventional quite indifferent in cow health, milk
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Got Milk? Expands communications in unique agency partnership
- Dairy podcast: Mark and Bob scratching their heads about markets
- Idaho dairy associations scrutinized for letter about farm tours