Representatives of FS Seed processed and analyzed corn stalks for Illinois producers last August at this special “Chipper Day” event. It served as a good reminder then — and now -— that testing the corn-silage crop as it nears maturity can help you determine an ideal harvest time. During early- to mid-August, set up an appointment with a forage-testing laboratory to monitor progress while the crop still stands in the field.
Test your corn silage prior to harvest
- Ag markets remained mixed at midsession Thursday
- FSMA transportation rules for dairy foods, feeds draw comments
- Bill to tax sugar-sweetened beverages would exempt milk
- Commentary: When bigger is better
- Animal Welfare Audits: Part 6 - Follow-up for certification
- Dairy markets: Class III futures erode
- Minnesota's largest dairy shows calf facility
- Video: Milk's journey - 48 hours in 48 seconds
- Video: "Show kids got their white pants on"
- U.S dairy cow numbers up, but replacement heifer numbers lower
- Lighter side: Black bear gets head stuck in milk can
- Foremost Farms, Michigan Milk announce strategic alliance