Tenting the skin for subcutaneous administration of vaccines can be difficult to do when cattle are restrained in lock-ups, says Tom Shelton, veterinarian with Intervet. If you can’t tent the skin, try using a shorter, 0.5-inch needle that goes straight into the skin.
Try a shorter needle for subQ jobs
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?