Heifers sort feed, too
When given the chance, heifers will sort their feed — just like lactating cows. Research published earlier this year in the Professional Animal Scientist evaluates the sorting behavior and dry matter intake of heifers exposed to five different hay-feeding strategies. FULL STORY »
Calf growth unaffected by milk replacer fat sources
Different fat sources in milk replacer do not hurt pre- and post-weaning growth rates, according to a study presented in July at the annual meeting of the American Dairy Science Association. FULL STORY »
It pays to cool dry cows
It is relatively easy to measure the effects of heat stress on milk production and reproduction in lactating cows, but have you ever wondered what cooling can do for your dry cows? FULL STORY »
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
- California February 4a/4b prices new record highs