Heifers sort feed, too
When given the chance, heifers will sort their feed — just like lactating cows. Research published earlier this year in the Professional Animal Scientist evaluates the sorting behavior and dry matter intake of heifers exposed to five different hay-feeding strategies. FULL STORY »
Calf growth unaffected by milk replacer fat sources
Different fat sources in milk replacer do not hurt pre- and post-weaning growth rates, according to a study presented in July at the annual meeting of the American Dairy Science Association. FULL STORY »
It pays to cool dry cows
It is relatively easy to measure the effects of heat stress on milk production and reproduction in lactating cows, but have you ever wondered what cooling can do for your dry cows? FULL STORY »
- Will tornado alley come alive this weekend?
- Ag markets proved rather volatile again Thursday
- DHM Markets/Marketers: Cow culling lags; Pennsylvania heifers
- Farm Bureau fights EPA, tells members to ‘ditch the rule’
- How are you using incentive programs on your farm?
- Food waste-to-energy converter introduced at UC Davis