Frequent milking does not alter response to BST
Frequent milking during early lactation does not diminish a cow’s response to bovine somatotropin later in her lactation, according to research from the University of Illinois. FULL STORY »
Management factors impact 4X or 6X response
Not all herds get the same response from more-frequent milking during early lactation. This was borne home recently in two separate studies presented at the Joint Animal, Dairy and Poultry Science Association annual meeting. FULL STORY »
Consider switching to white plastic
Silage on the top of a bunker silo can vary in temperature — and perhaps quality — depending on whether it is covered by white plastic or black plastic. FULL STORY »
Watch for HBS in early lactation
a survey of 36 minnesota veterinarians suggests early-lactation cows may be the most likely to develop hemorrhagic bowel syndrome (HBS), also called jejunal hemorrhage syndrome. FULL STORY »
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
- California February 4a/4b prices new record highs
LEVUCELL® SC ADVANTAGE
Lallemand Animal Nutrition