7. What type of mastitis and milk quality training tools do you use?
Magazine articles 64.7%
Mentoring by an experienced milker/manager 52.9%
Outside consultant 29.4%
Video tapes 17.6%
6. When you find a substantial rise in somatic cell count, which do you do?
check more thoroughly for mastitis 76%
check milking equipment 62%
discuss with milkers to help identify the problem 60%
check pre- and/or post-milking teat dipping and effectiveness 52%
bring your management team together 36%
call your veterinarian to investigate the problem 22%
ignore it and hope it goes away 8%
5. Do you provide Milk Quality and somatic cell count feedback to your employees?
4. Where do you get your somatic cell count measurements?
On-farm parlor management system 11.1%
Other (cmt, milk company, etc.): 8.3%
3. How often do you check somatic cell counts?
Twice per week 11.5%
2. What is your udder prep procedure? Please mark all appropriate answers: