A natural reduction in ammonia gas
Scientists report that adding natural plant extracts to cow feed can reduce levels of ammonia gas by one-third while reducing the need to fortify feed with protein supplements. FULL STORY »
Perfecting precision dairy farming
Using several different technologies, researchers at the University of Kentucky are in the midst of gathering biological and observational data that indicate several dairy cow health status parameters and estrus behavior. FULL STORY »
- Yogurt nominated as New York’s ‘state snack’
- 6 of California’s Top 10 counties saw 2013 milk output declines
- USDA amends Appalachian, Southeast and Florida federal orders
- Legislation would block EPA from releasing producer information
- USDA: Livestock producers urged to keep good disaster records
- DHM Markets/Marketers: PA IOFC a record high
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- DHM Markets/Marketers: Fluid sales, cost of production, Chobani
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"