Sunflowers: the new fuel source?
The hunt for alternative fuel sources is reaching a fever pitch in an attempt to reduce U.S. dependence on foreign oil and fossil fuels. And hydrogen has received special attention that reaches all the way to the Oval Office. FULL STORY »
Corn yield goals often don’t reflect nitrogen needs
If you apply fertilizer based on estimated corn yields, you may be using too much nitrogen. FULL STORY »
Remove odor and methane from manure
A vibratory membrane filtration system currently in use in Asia and Europe — primarily in the swine industry, but beginning to appear on dairies — offers an opportunity to remove ammonia, methane and other substances from manure. FULL STORY »
Cow bacteria: stuck like glue
An adhesive resin made from cow gut bacteria and scrap plant material — like wood chips, crop residue or recycled newspapers — may one day replace a portion of the petroleum-based adhesive used in the wood industry to make products like plywood or particle board. FULL STORY »
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Minnesota's largest dairy shows calf facility
- Video: Milk's journey - 48 hours in 48 seconds
- Video: "Show kids got their white pants on"
- U.S dairy cow numbers up, but replacement heifer numbers lower
- Foremost Farms, Michigan Milk announce strategic alliance