New mastitis management
USDA-agricultural research service scientists recently applied for a patent on a cloned gene that produces CD14 and its application for treating and preventing mastitis. FULL STORY »
While it is not uncommon for producers to use alfalfa ﬁelds for manure disposal during the growing season, some varieties tolerate this practice better than others. FULL STORY »
New ovulation detection technology ﬁnishes ﬁeld trials
Researchers from the university of Guelph recently ﬁnished a ﬁeld trial for a prototype of a new commercial fertility and ovulation detection system being developed by Pheromone Sciences. FULL STORY »
A silage cover your cows can eat
Bunker silos covered with plastic and tires could soon be a thing of the past. In their place could be an edible cover currently under investigation at the University of Illinois. FULL STORY »
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
- California February 4a/4b prices new record highs