Researchers at Dow Agrosciences say that a new family of herbicide tolerance traits for corn could be available by 2012. The technology will provide tolerance to certain broadleaf and grass herbicides, in addition to the insect resistance already available. With the current emphasis on ethanol production from corn, the new tools offer should offer new ways to increase corn production — a prospect of great interest to dairy producers.
Heightened herbicide tolerance
- Minnesota's largest dairy shows calf facility
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Video: Milk's journey - 48 hours in 48 seconds
- Video: "Show kids got their white pants on"
- U.S dairy cow numbers up, but replacement heifer numbers lower
- Foremost Farms, Michigan Milk announce strategic alliance