Researchers at Dow Agrosciences say that a new family of herbicide tolerance traits for corn could be available by 2012. The technology will provide tolerance to certain broadleaf and grass herbicides, in addition to the insect resistance already available. With the current emphasis on ethanol production from corn, the new tools offer should offer new ways to increase corn production — a prospect of great interest to dairy producers.
Heightened herbicide tolerance
- Boggess named U.S. Dairy Forage Research Center director
- DHM Markets/Marketers: Product prices, April margins, dairy CPI
- Grain futures lagged the other ag markets Wednesday
- Inlets essential to tunnel ventilation success
- Soy, cotton futures led the ag markets Wednesday morning
- Ice cream makers scoop up awards for innovative flavors