Researchers at Dow Agrosciences say that a new family of herbicide tolerance traits for corn could be available by 2012. The technology will provide tolerance to certain broadleaf and grass herbicides, in addition to the insect resistance already available. With the current emphasis on ethanol production from corn, the new tools offer should offer new ways to increase corn production — a prospect of great interest to dairy producers.
Heightened herbicide tolerance
- First sights of World Dairy Expo 2014
- Slideshow: World Dairy Expo opens to big crowd
- 2014 Dairy Herd Management Innovation Awards announced
- Early Wednesday World Dairy Expo photographs
- Select Sires offers new ear-tag based herd management system
- U.S. dairy decries EU-Canada trade agreement market barriers