Researchers at Dow Agrosciences say that a new family of herbicide tolerance traits for corn could be available by 2012. The technology will provide tolerance to certain broadleaf and grass herbicides, in addition to the insect resistance already available. With the current emphasis on ethanol production from corn, the new tools offer should offer new ways to increase corn production — a prospect of great interest to dairy producers.
Heightened herbicide tolerance
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?