Is your lender a trusted adviser?
I continually ask myself if i am doing everything I can for my clients. Am I meeting their expectations? Could I do more to help them meet the daily challenges they face? FULL STORY »
How to put call options to work
For some time now, dairy producers have had the opportunity to shield themselves from price risk by entering into forward-price contracts with dairy plants. These arrangements do not require producers to post margin money or pay premiums, and they give producers a guaranteed price for milk to be delivered in the future. FULL STORY »
Avoid the alternate-generation phenomena
Have you ever really looked at a successful family dairy operation in your area? If so, you probably have noticed something that I call the “alternate-generation phenomena.” FULL STORY »
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?