The power of 10
I found the book “10-10-10” when looking for employee-motivational materials. Conceived and written by Suzy Welch, this concept provides a framework in which nearly all decisions can be structured. FULL STORY »
Interesting interest rates
I am a fan of Mel Brooks movies, and am particularly fond of Young Frankenstein. One scene that comes to mind is where Dr. Frankenstein and Igor (not Egor) were in a cemetery digging up the body needed to create what would become the monster. FULL STORY »
Bad isn’t necessarily bad
Chris and I once attended a beef cattle marketing symposium which forever changed my view on negative markets, bad situations and downright nasty-looking problems. FULL STORY »
Does it pay to buy vs. rent?
About a year ago, I got a call from my brother-in-law. He had learned that his landlord, the University of Illinois, had received a cash-rent bid of $360 per acre on the 700-plus acres he had rented the previous year. This was an increase of about $160 per acre. FULL STORY »
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
- California February 4a/4b prices new record highs