Mycoplasma an emerging disease?
No, it is not, Mike Overton, dairy scientist at the University of Georgia, told an audience at the American Dairy Science Association annual meeting in July. FULL STORY »
9 characteristics of a strong family working relationship
Over the years, I have observed nine characteristics or values in dairy farm families that develop strong positive working relationships. This also applies to dairy farm employees. FULL STORY »
3 ways to foster business success
I have had plenty of opportunity to observe both success and failure in family businesses. Here are some of the keys to success I've learned in my 38 years of practice. FULL STORY »
Train the next generation of producers
Recently, a client had some serious health problems that weighed on his mind. Only 57, he had been dealing with diabetes, and also needed four bypasses a few years ago. FULL STORY »
Invest your profits wisely
Last year was a very profitable year for almost every dairy farmer in the U.S. Sure, 2007 feed prices were high and the cost of other inputs, like energy, also jumped. But that was more than offset by the high prices you have received for milk most of the year. FULL STORY »
- Making recommendations on climate change mitigation
- Vermont Senate passes GMO labeling bill
- CME trading outage showed that man can still match the machine
- Is chocolate milk ban-worthy? Study says ‘no’
- To prevent crime, farmers, deputies use proven tools
- Can ration sorting benefit lactating dairy cattle?