PLAINVIEW, Minn. (AP) — Rescuers have freed dozens of cattle trapped after heavy snow caused a freestall building to collapse in southeastern Minnesota.
Sixty-four cattle were trapped when the roof came down on the building on the Ray Mussell farm near Plainview early Tuesday.
One cow died and several were injured. No people were hurt.
The Winona Daily News reports neighbors and a Winona County rescue team freed the cattle.
Earlier in Winona a warehouse roof collapsed from heavy snow, blocking some train tracks. No one was hurt in that collapse. The tracks are now open.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press.
64 Cattle Trapped In Building Collapse In Southeast Minnesota
- First sights of World Dairy Expo 2014
- Slideshow: World Dairy Expo opens to big crowd
- Early Wednesday World Dairy Expo photographs
- 2014 Dairy Herd Management Innovation Awards announced
- Select Sires offers new ear-tag based herd management system
- U.S. dairy decries EU-Canada trade agreement market barriers