PLAINVIEW, Minn. (AP) — Rescuers have freed dozens of cattle trapped after heavy snow caused a freestall building to collapse in southeastern Minnesota.
Sixty-four cattle were trapped when the roof came down on the building on the Ray Mussell farm near Plainview early Tuesday.
One cow died and several were injured. No people were hurt.
The Winona Daily News reports neighbors and a Winona County rescue team freed the cattle.
Earlier in Winona a warehouse roof collapsed from heavy snow, blocking some train tracks. No one was hurt in that collapse. The tracks are now open.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press.
64 Cattle Trapped In Building Collapse In Southeast Minnesota
- Vance Agribusiness names 2014 40 Under 40 honorees
- 6 questions and answers about rumen development in calves
- Life changes, but fall brings World Dairy Expo
- Last look at New Holland Pavilions before World Dairy Expo
- Dairy calf care: Every delivery is special
- Dairy calf care: When to assist, what to do