DHM Markets/Marketers: Iowa margins; consumer/producer prices
Today's posts look at January dairy margins in Iowa/Nebraska; latest consumer and producer price index forecasts; and LOL's anual financials FULL STORY »
Ag markets diverged significantly Tuesday morning
Corn futures remained under pressure Tuesday morning. Although traders were saying last week’s USDA forecast of a large 2014 U.S. corn crop was overly optimistic, that talk proved unable to reverse early CBOT slippage. FULL STORY »
FarmFirst Dairy Cooperative holds second annual meeting
FarmFirst Dairy Cooperative celebrated its first year as a recently-merged cooperative by hosting its second annual meeting FULL STORY »
Dairy markets: Class III, IV futures push higher
Class III futures continued the push higher, putting up double-digit gains throughout the entire 2014 complex with the exception of February. FULL STORY »
Ag markets fluctuated significantly again Monday
Corn futures proved mixed at Monday’s close. The USDA forecast 2014 corn acreage at 79.5 million acres last week and predicted a large 2014 crop and huge ending stocks next year. FULL STORY »
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
H.J. Baker & Bro., Inc.