POET-DSM says Iowa cellulosic ethanol plant running by June
An Iowa ethanol plant that will be one of the first producers of biofuels made from crop waste will be operating by June, a general manager of the plant said in an interview on Tuesday. FULL STORY »
Palmer amaranth will cause challenges for forage producers
Populations of Palmer amaranth in Michigan are resistant to glyphosate and ALS-inhibiting herbicides. FULL STORY »
What was your 2013 milk cost of production?
Now is a good time for you to do a quick evaluation of your costs for making milk during the past year as you finish up your 2013 farm financial information. FULL STORY »
Caught you; you spendthrift
Higher commodity prices and beneficial government tax policies have allowed a substantial increase in per acre expenditures for powered farm equipment. Most of the expense has been in depreciation. With the drop in commodity values, the trend of new equipment purchases will have to reverse and the rates paid per acre will have to parallel those prior to 2006 when commodity prices began to rise FULL STORY »
Dairy markets: Class III futures bullish
Class III futures resumed its overall bullish trend to start the week, taking its cue from a bid spot session that saw blocks and barrels posting gains. FULL STORY »
Farm bill details explained at dairy profit seminars, Feb. 24-28
Dairy farmers have a new opportunity to protect their farm income with dairy margin insurance. The dairy safety net in the new farm bill takes a new approach. FULL STORY »
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast