Williams and Steve Deller, a professor with the University of Wisconsin’s College of Agricultural and Life Sciences, authored the study that provided the data for the county brochures.
The brochures can be found online at www.uwex.edu/ces/ag/wisag.
For more information about agriculture in your county contact your local UW-Extension agriculture agent at www.YourCountyExtensionOffice.com
- Dane County, where agriculture accounts for almost $3.5 billion in sales, is number 1 in the value of agricultural products sold. Dane County farmers own and manage 70 percent of the county’s land.
- Green County has more cheese-making plants – 13 – than any other county.
- Langlade County grows 11,000 acres of potatoes a year, and is No. 1 in the state in the production of seed potatoes.
- Waushara County is the number 1 Christmas tree producer in the state and 17th in the nation.
- In 2007 Brown County dairy generated $200.7 million in sales; in comparison Green Bay Packer revenue was $197 million.
- Fond du Lac County is home to four cheese and four vegetable processing plants.