In many parts of Kansas, this is shaping up to be one of those hay seasons when high-quality alfalfa is in short supply. In the advent of that, dairy producers ought to start thinking about possible alternative feedstuffs for their lactating cows. K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk offers a few suggestions along that line this week.
Alternate feed choices
- Minnesota's largest dairy shows calf facility
- Video: Milk's journey - 48 hours in 48 seconds
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Video: "Show kids got their white pants on"
- U.S dairy cow numbers up, but replacement heifer numbers lower
- Foremost Farms, Michigan Milk announce strategic alliance