In many parts of Kansas, this is shaping up to be one of those hay seasons when high-quality alfalfa is in short supply. In the advent of that, dairy producers ought to start thinking about possible alternative feedstuffs for their lactating cows. K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk offers a few suggestions along that line this week.
Alternate feed choices
- Alltech opens lab at Nestlé's China Dairy Farming Institute
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking