In many parts of Kansas, this is shaping up to be one of those hay seasons when high-quality alfalfa is in short supply. In the advent of that, dairy producers ought to start thinking about possible alternative feedstuffs for their lactating cows. K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk offers a few suggestions along that line this week.
Alternate feed choices
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Commentary: The worst meat to eat
- 2015 milk prices now looking more like 2013, 2011
- Minn. farm wins court case, power companies to buy 138 acres
- Drones on the farm: What are the laws?
- Jersey Island chooses direction 6 years after 250-year import ban