In many parts of Kansas, this is shaping up to be one of those hay seasons when high-quality alfalfa is in short supply. In the advent of that, dairy producers ought to start thinking about possible alternative feedstuffs for their lactating cows. K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk offers a few suggestions along that line this week.
Alternate feed choices
- Annual Minnesota Nutrition Conference scheduled
- Canada’s Agropur co-op acquires Davisco milk processing plants
- Grains dipped Tuesday while the other markets climbed
- Cattle, soybeans climb Tuesday morning
- EPA in hot water over proposed CWA rule
- DHM Southeast: Dairy events in Florida, update on Burdette/Stiles