In many parts of Kansas, this is shaping up to be one of those hay seasons when high-quality alfalfa is in short supply. In the advent of that, dairy producers ought to start thinking about possible alternative feedstuffs for their lactating cows. K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk offers a few suggestions along that line this week.
Alternate feed choices
- Boggess named U.S. Dairy Forage Research Center director
- DHM Markets/Marketers: Product prices, April margins, dairy CPI
- Grain futures lagged the other ag markets Wednesday
- Inlets essential to tunnel ventilation success
- Soy, cotton futures led the ag markets Wednesday morning
- Ice cream makers scoop up awards for innovative flavors