S-PAC (Searchable Proceedings of Animal Conferences) is a comprehensive database of animal production and management conference proceedings. Topics include nutrition and management, herd health, animal care, and bioethics.
As of this writing, 49 participating conferences have contributed 470 sets of proceedings and presentations to this unique and growing searchable collection, making it an essential resource for animal scientists, nutritionists, veterinarians, producers, academicians, consultants, students, and members of industry around the world.
Now, S-PAC is being used in the classroom too, providing students with convenient access to real-world applications of current science as well as ADSA's Large Dairy Herd Management textbook.
While S-PAC is in use around the world, there are many dairy and animal professionals who haven’t yet had a chance to experience the power of S-PAC for themselves.
To provide that opportunity, we are opening S-PAC to everyone free of charge, for 5 full days.
This is a great opportunity to check out this valuable, one-of-a-kind resource at no cost, and you can take the search challenge created by Dr. Al Kertz, ADSA Vice-President, to be entered into three separate drawings to win a one-year subscription to S-PAC.
S-PAC will be free to all from 12:01 am (US Central Standard Time) on Monday, March 3, 2014, through 11:59 pm on Friday, March 7, 2014.
ADSA will randomly draw 5 winners from those who answer the following questions correctly, on Monday (Monday's questions), on Wednesday (Wednesday's questions), and on Friday (Friday's questions)— 15 winners in all —for a free one-year subscription to S-PAC. ("On Monday" means answers submitted from midnight to midnight of that day.) Entrants can win only once. Current S-PAC subscribers are not eligible for this contest.
(Questions and links are also available by clicking on the “S-PAC banner” rotating at the top of the screen at www.adsa.org )
- Insert "DCAD" in Basic Search for only Annual Convention of American Association of Bovine Practitioners. How many articles are identified and what is the 16th one?
- How many articles are identified for "DCAD" if the Basic Search is not limited and All Conferences and Books are searched?
Click here to answer Monday's questions
- If "biotin" is inserted in Basic Search for All Conferences and Books, how many articles are found?
- If "biotin" is inserted in Basic Search for only the Tri-State Dairy Nutrition Conference, how many articles are identified and what is the second one?
Click here to answer Wednesday's questions
- If "feed efficiency" is entered into Basic Search for All Conferences and Books, how many articles are identified?
- If "feed efficiency" (title) for All Conferences and Books is entered into Advanced Search for "VandeHaar" (name) for the years 2010 to 2013, how many articles are identified?
Click here to answer Friday's questions