Apply for annual DCHA scholarship
DCHA members recognize that the dairy industry will benefit by ensuring that ag students have the chance to excel. The association strongly supports the industry's future through its annual scholarship program.
This week's tip highlights the opportunity DCHA offers to one of its members, member's son, daughter or legal dependent - a $1,000 scholarship. DCHA members or children of DCHA members who are attending college in an agricultural major may apply for the scholarship.
The organization awards one $1,000 scholarship annually. Candidates must be currently enrolled in agriculture or a related field such as food science, horticulture, animal/veterinary science, agricultural technical course, etc., or in a course of study with relevance to agriculture at an accredited college or university, and have completed at least one year of post-high school education at the time of application.
The 2013 DCHA scholarship will be presented to the winner at the Annual Meeting, April 5, during the Dairy Calf & Heifer Conference in Lancaster, PA.
For an application and additional information, visit the DCHA website. Applications must be postmarked or submitted via e-mail no later than Feb. 15, 2013.
If you have questions about the application process, email DCHA or call the DCHA office at (636) 449-5077.
- Dairy markets: Today's milk already sold
- Crop futures diverged from livestock markets Wednesday night
- AGCO releases Challenger MT500E series tractors with 185-255 hp
- Wednesday's CME Dairy Market Recap
- DHM Numbers: September Class I base slightly lower
- Tumbling livestock quotes led ag commodites lower Wednesday
- Commentary: The worst meat to eat
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- 2015 milk prices now looking more like 2013, 2011
- Minn. farm wins court case, power companies to buy 138 acres
- Jersey Island chooses direction 6 years after 250-year import ban
- Drones on the farm: What are the laws?