When it comes to storing away winter forage for the dairy herd, it’s not business as normal this year. The drought has led to scarce hay supplies, and dairy producers need to be determining their herd forage needs right now, according to Kansas State University dairy specialist Mike Brouk. It may well be that some producers will need to turn to alternative forage resources.
Audio: Dairy forage planning
- THE ag parody you've been waiting for
- DHM Markets/Marketers: CME, CWT, Cold Storage
- Millennial Profiles: Lauren Holterman, Dairy Scientist
- Wheat, beans exceptions to the bullish ag rule Tuesday
- Follow 3 A's to help pass the 'down cow' test
- Livestock, cotton futures outperformed other ag markets Tuesday