When it comes to storing away winter forage for the dairy herd, it’s not business as normal this year. The drought has led to scarce hay supplies, and dairy producers need to be determining their herd forage needs right now, according to Kansas State University dairy specialist Mike Brouk. It may well be that some producers will need to turn to alternative forage resources.
Audio: Dairy forage planning
No matching related articles at this time.
- Calif. dairy steals the show on ‘Undercover Boss’
- Slow music boosts milk production
- Precision dairy technologies galore: What to do?
- Another study shows that carbohydrate, not fat, is the culprit
- Fleeing suspect falls face-first in cow manure
- College Aggies Online Program scholarship winner announced