When it comes to storing away winter forage for the dairy herd, it’s not business as normal this year. The drought has led to scarce hay supplies, and dairy producers need to be determining their herd forage needs right now, according to Kansas State University dairy specialist Mike Brouk. It may well be that some producers will need to turn to alternative forage resources.
Audio: Dairy forage planning
- Vance Agribusiness names 2014 40 Under 40 honorees
- 6 questions and answers about rumen development in calves
- Dairy calf care: Every delivery is special
- Dairy calf care: Get a handle on dystocia data
- Dairy calf care: When to assist, what to do
- Last look at New Holland Pavilions before World Dairy Expo