The price of corn remains historically high. And some dairy producers may be tempted to pull corn out of the winter dairy ration, attempting to compensate with some other feedstuff. This week, Kansas State University dairy specialist Mike Brouk stresses the important relationship between a corn-based dairy ration and herd milk output, which may give producers second thoughts about moving away from corn.
Audio: Rationing corn in dairy diets
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?