The price of corn remains historically high. And some dairy producers may be tempted to pull corn out of the winter dairy ration, attempting to compensate with some other feedstuff. This week, Kansas State University dairy specialist Mike Brouk stresses the important relationship between a corn-based dairy ration and herd milk output, which may give producers second thoughts about moving away from corn.
Audio: Rationing corn in dairy diets
- Farmers descend on Alltech's Global event in Normandy, France
- When It Comes To How Pizza Looks - Cheese Matters
- Innovation Center: Whey to go! Dairy's place in sports recovery
- Calves with Sam: Auto-Feeders Need to be Cleaned, Too
- Vandenheuvel: Time to act on California federal order
- Friday's CME Dairy Market Recap