The price of corn remains historically high. And some dairy producers may be tempted to pull corn out of the winter dairy ration, attempting to compensate with some other feedstuff. This week, Kansas State University dairy specialist Mike Brouk stresses the important relationship between a corn-based dairy ration and herd milk output, which may give producers second thoughts about moving away from corn.
Audio: Rationing corn in dairy diets
- Minnesota's largest dairy shows calf facility
- Video: Milk's journey - 48 hours in 48 seconds
- Video: "Show kids got their white pants on"
- U.S dairy cow numbers up, but replacement heifer numbers lower
- Lighter side: Black bear gets head stuck in milk can
- Foremost Farms, Michigan Milk announce strategic alliance