The price of corn remains historically high. And some dairy producers may be tempted to pull corn out of the winter dairy ration, attempting to compensate with some other feedstuff. This week, Kansas State University dairy specialist Mike Brouk stresses the important relationship between a corn-based dairy ration and herd milk output, which may give producers second thoughts about moving away from corn.
Audio: Rationing corn in dairy diets
- Making recommendations on climate change mitigation
- Vermont Senate passes GMO labeling bill
- Is chocolate milk ban-worthy? Study says ‘no’
- To prevent crime, farmers, deputies use proven tools
- Can ration sorting benefit lactating dairy cattle?
- CME trading outage showed that man can still match the machine