Land O’Lakes Animal Milk Products announces improvements to its LAND O LAKES Bovine IgG Colostrum Replacement; now featuring instant mix formulation.
“With this formulation update, now LAND O LAKES Bovine IgG Colostrum Replacement can be mixed in approximately 15 seconds and is ready to feed to newborn calves,” says Dr. Tom Earleywine, director of nutritional services, Land O’Lakes Animal Milk Products. “The calf’s ability to absorb immunoglobulins (IgG’s) begins to diminish almost immediately, and as a result the time span between when a calf is born and receives colostrum is critical.”
Designed to replace maternal colostrum in the first day of life, LAND O LAKES Bovine IgG Colostrum Replacement contains all the protein and fat of natural bovine sourced colostrum. In addition to instant mixing, other benefits include:
- Delivers greater than 100 grams of IgG in a single dose.
- Most researched product on the market.
- USDA-licensed and tested.
- Greater rates of passive transfer compared to serum-based products.
- Contains 95 percent IgG1. IgG1 is the only form of IgG known to get re-secreted from calves’ blood back onto mucosal surfaces (gut and lungs), where it helps address enteric and respiratory diseases.
- Guaranteed free of disease causing pathogens.
Independent research suggests a better rate of passive transfer because of greater apparent efficiency of absorption (AEA) of IgG is delivered with our colostrum-derived LAND O LAKES Bovine IgG Colostrum Replacement.
See the instant mix in action here.