According to the USDA's Crop Prodution report, corn production is forecast at 10.8 billion bushels, down 13 percent from 2011 and the lowest production since 2006. Based on conditions as of August 1, yields are expected to average 123.4 bushels per acre, down 23.8 bushels from 2011. If realized, this will be the lowest average yield since 1995. Area harvested for grain is forecast at 87.4 million acres, down 2 percent from the June forecast but up 4 percent from 2011.
Corn production drops 13% to 10.8 billion bushels
- Dairying in a warzone
- One Nebraska farmer takes ALS ice bucket challenge to extreme
- BQA certification — offer Sept. 1 through Oct. 31
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Using Activity Monitors to Predict Ovulation & Get Cows Pregnant
- Vandenheuvel: Time to act on California federal order