According to the USDA's Crop Prodution report, corn production is forecast at 10.8 billion bushels, down 13 percent from 2011 and the lowest production since 2006. Based on conditions as of August 1, yields are expected to average 123.4 bushels per acre, down 23.8 bushels from 2011. If realized, this will be the lowest average yield since 1995. Area harvested for grain is forecast at 87.4 million acres, down 2 percent from the June forecast but up 4 percent from 2011.
Corn production drops 13% to 10.8 billion bushels
- Why both Liberals and Conservatives are wrong about immigration
- Novartis opens animal health books to Bayer, others
- Corn silage pricing
- Lead negotiator sees January finish for overdue U.S. farm bill
- Boehner says expiring US farm bill should get 1-month extension
- Calif. dairy steals the show on ‘Undercover Boss’