According to the USDA's Crop Prodution report, corn production is forecast at 10.8 billion bushels, down 13 percent from 2011 and the lowest production since 2006. Based on conditions as of August 1, yields are expected to average 123.4 bushels per acre, down 23.8 bushels from 2011. If realized, this will be the lowest average yield since 1995. Area harvested for grain is forecast at 87.4 million acres, down 2 percent from the June forecast but up 4 percent from 2011.
Corn production drops 13% to 10.8 billion bushels
- Exports: Corn sales set 10-week low…again
- CME trading outage showed that man can still match the machine
- Dairy markets: In search of equilibrium
- Livestock markets lagged crop futures in early Thursday action
- Vermont Senate passes GMO labeling bill
- Boggess named U.S. Dairy Forage Research Center director