According to the USDA's Crop Prodution report, corn production is forecast at 10.8 billion bushels, down 13 percent from 2011 and the lowest production since 2006. Based on conditions as of August 1, yields are expected to average 123.4 bushels per acre, down 23.8 bushels from 2011. If realized, this will be the lowest average yield since 1995. Area harvested for grain is forecast at 87.4 million acres, down 2 percent from the June forecast but up 4 percent from 2011.
Corn production drops 13% to 10.8 billion bushels
- DHM Markets/Marketers: CA Class 1 dips
- WASDE: 2014 dairy, beef price projections raised
- Crop markets quite mixed after WASDE report
- USDA raises corn export forecast by 25 million bushels
- D.C. Watch: Apply for disaster assistance by April 15
- IMI Global acquires Merck Animal Health's verification business