The projects will collect data over the summer and will submit reports to the PIE Center in the fall. Recipients will share their research in a PIE Center guest blog post or webinar later this year.
Arkansas Dairy E-Newsletter available
The March 2014 issue of the Arkansas Dairy E-Newsletter is now available. Featured articles include:
• Calf Scours - Causes and Management, by Dr. Jeremy Powell, Professor and Veterinarian
• Is Milk Urea Nitrogen in Your Toolbox?, by Dr. Shane Gadberry, Associate Professor
• Forage Quality Affects Bottom Line, by Dr. Dirk Philipp, Assistant Professor
• Arkansas State 4-H Dairy Events Set for 2014 - Steve Jones, Associate Professor
To download the newsletter, Click Here
Manure management meetings set in Kentucky
Various aspects of dairy manure management will be held at several locations in Kentucky. Topics include Kentucky's agricultural water quality and nutrient management plans; how to be prepared when a state inspector arrives; and management practices that will increase milk quality.
All sessions are 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Dates and locations are:
• March 10 — Nelson County Extension Office, 317 S. Third St., Bardstown
• March 14 — Fleming County Extension Office, 1384 Elizaville Road, Flemingsburg
• March 18 — Christian County Extension Office, 2850 Pembroke Road, Hopkinsville
• March 19 — Warren County Extension Office, 3132 Nashville Road, Bowling Green
• March 27 — Metcalfe County Extension Office 422 East St., Edmonton
• March 28 — Adair County Extension Office, 409 Fairgrounds St., Columbia.
The University of Kentucky College of Agriculture, Food and Environment joins the Kentucky Dairy Development Council, the Division of Compliance Assistance, Soil Conservation Districts of Kentucky and the Kentucky Farm Bureau to present the regional dairy meetings. These meetings and the lunch provided are free to any Kentucky dairy farmer. RSVP to Meredith Scales at 859-516-1966 prior to the meeting.
For more information, visit http://news.ca.uky.edu/article/managing-poo-begins-you-dairy-meetings-under-way-across-kentucky
Mid-Atlantic Nutrition Conference is March 26-27
The Mid-Atlantic Nutrition Conference (formerly the Maryland Nutrition Conference) will be held March 26-27.
For a copy of the agenda and links to registration and hotel information, visit http://www.manc.umd.edu/generalprogram.html
National AgrAbility workshop set in Kentucky