Meetings to explain the new Dairy Margin Protection Program (DMPP) have been scheduled in southern Wisconsin. Mark Stephenson, University of Wisconsin-Madison/Extension dairy policy specialist, will be the featured speaker at all locations.
Below are the dates, locations and registration contacts for each meeting. Some sites may require a small fee to help cover costs, so be sure to ask if there is any cost when you call to register.
• Tuesday, Aug. 26, 9:45 am, Green County Justice Center, 2841 6th St., Monroe, WI 53566
Mark Mayer, Agriculture Agent UWEX – Green County, phone 608-328-9440
• Tuesday, Aug. 26, 1:15 pm, Cravath Lakefront Comm Center, 341 South Fremont St., Whitewater, WI 53190
LaVern Georgson, Agriculture AgentUWEX – Jefferson County, phone 920-674-7297
• Thursday, Aug. 28, 9:45 am, Columbia County Annex 120 W. Conant St., Portage, WI 53901
George Koepp Agriculture Agent UWEX – Columbia County, phone 608-742-9682
• Thursday, Aug. 28, 1:15 pm, Dane County UW-Extension, 5201 Fen Oak Dr., Rm 121A, Madison, WI 53718
Heidi Johnson, Agriculture Agent UWEX – Dane County, phone 608-224-3716
• Friday, Aug. 29, 9:45 am, Grant Co. Youth & Ag Center 916 E. Elm St., Lancaster, WI 53813
Dave Wachter, Agriculture Agent UWEX – Grant County, phone 608-723-2125
• Friday, Aug. 29, 1:15 pm, Kickapoo Inn 827 W. Kickapoo St., Readstown, WI 54652
Adam Hady, Agriculture Agent UWEX – Richland County, phone 608-647-6148
• Monday, Sept. 8, 10 a.m., Dodge County Administration Building, Rooms F-G 127 E. Oak St., Juneau WI 53039
Elsie Gonzalez, Agriculture Agent UWEX – Dodge County, phone 920-386-3790