The slate of 2014 lead judges was announced at the recent World Dairy Expo Board of Directors meeting Dec. 10. Eight internationally recognized experts were nominated and selected by Expo exhibitors to evaluate the high caliber cattle from across North America.
Judges for World Dairy Expo 2014 are:
- International Ayrshire Show: Lead Judge: David Wallace, Beloit, Wis.
- International Brown Swiss: Lead Judge: Eric Topp, Wapakoneta, Ohio
- International Guernsey Show: Lead Judge: Dale Chupp, Inola, Okla.
- International Holstein Show: Lead Judge: Paul Trapp, Taylor, Wis.
- International Junior Holstein Show: Lead Judge: Molly Sloan, Columbus, Wis.
- International Jersey Show: Lead Judge: Nathan Thomas, North Lewisburg, Ohio
- International Milking Shorthorn Show: Lead Judge: Michael Heath, Westminster, Md.
- International Red & White Show: Lead Judge: Callum McKinven, Canton de Hatley, Quebec
Associate judges for each breed will be announced at a later date. The seven breed champions will be selected during the five-day event and become candidates for Supreme Champion during a ceremony on Saturday afternoon.
World Dairy Expo 2014 will celebrate “Designer Dairy” as the theme and will be held September 30 through October 4 at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison, Wisconsin. World Dairy Expo is recognized as the largest global dairy-focused event for dairy producers and industry enthusiasts. Visit worlddairyexpo.com for further details.