Dairy producers have an obligation to assure top-quality care of their animals says K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk. To that end, dairy herd welfare audits are now being conducted routinely, based on five standards of care which Brouk outlines this week.
Dairy herd welfare stewardship
- Calif. dairy steals the show on ‘Undercover Boss’
- Fleeing suspect falls face-first in cow manure
- Slow music boosts milk production
- Precision dairy technologies galore: What to do?
- Another study shows that carbohydrate, not fat, is the culprit
- College Aggies Online Program scholarship winner announced