Dairy producers have an obligation to assure top-quality care of their animals says K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk. To that end, dairy herd welfare audits are now being conducted routinely, based on five standards of care which Brouk outlines this week.
Dairy herd welfare stewardship
- Chobani's search for non-GMO fed herds could require 225,000 cows
- Lighter Side: Do anti-GMO people know what GMO means?
- Wash. judge rules non-competes “unenforceable” for A.I. techs
- Miner Institute: Consumers are confused and Google isn't helping
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand
- 2014 Dairy Herd Management Innovation Awards announced