Dairy producers have an obligation to assure top-quality care of their animals says K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk. To that end, dairy herd welfare audits are now being conducted routinely, based on five standards of care which Brouk outlines this week.
Dairy herd welfare stewardship
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Minnesota's largest dairy shows calf facility
- Video: Milk's journey - 48 hours in 48 seconds
- Video: "Show kids got their white pants on"
- U.S dairy cow numbers up, but replacement heifer numbers lower
- Foremost Farms, Michigan Milk announce strategic alliance