Dairy producers have an obligation to assure top-quality care of their animals says K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk. To that end, dairy herd welfare audits are now being conducted routinely, based on five standards of care which Brouk outlines this week.
Dairy herd welfare stewardship
- Making recommendations on climate change mitigation
- Vermont Senate passes GMO labeling bill
- Is chocolate milk ban-worthy? Study says ‘no’
- To prevent crime, farmers, deputies use proven tools
- Can ration sorting benefit lactating dairy cattle?
- CME trading outage showed that man can still match the machine