Organizations seeking financial support for educational programs for dairy producers and youth, as well as maintain public trust in the dairy industry have less than a month to write and submit applications to the Professional Dairy Producers Foundation.
Grant applications are due June 1.
Examples of projects that have previously been funded include:
- Dairy Leaders program, run by the Western United Dairymen.
- The Dairyland Initiative animal welfare education.
- Dairy Challenge Academy offered by the North American Intercollegiate Dairy Challenge, Inc.
- New York State Junior DAIRY LEADER Program through The New York State 4-H Foundation, Inc.
- The Indiana Dairy Youth Academy, run by the Purdue University Cooperative Extension Service.
- Youth Leadership Derby, Dairy Mentor Program and the Agriculture-Community Engagement Twilight Meetings, projects of the Professional Dairy Producers of Wisconsin.
Organizations may apply for grants of up to $5,000. The maximum amount given to any one organization will be $5,000. For grant criteria and an application package, visit www.dairyfoundation.org.