Proper hoof care is an essential part of dairy herd health management. Many producers, however, shy away from using foot baths during the cold of winter. This week, K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk urges producers to persist with those foot bath treatments as frequently as possible through the winter months.
Don't ignore hoof care in winter months
- Making recommendations on climate change mitigation
- Vermont Senate passes GMO labeling bill
- Is chocolate milk ban-worthy? Study says ‘no’
- To prevent crime, farmers, deputies use proven tools
- Can ration sorting benefit lactating dairy cattle?
- CME trading outage showed that man can still match the machine