Proper hoof care is an essential part of dairy herd health management. Many producers, however, shy away from using foot baths during the cold of winter. This week, K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk urges producers to persist with those foot bath treatments as frequently as possible through the winter months.
Don't ignore hoof care in winter months
- Vance Agribusiness names 2014 40 Under 40 honorees
- 6 questions and answers about rumen development in calves
- Life changes, but fall brings World Dairy Expo
- Last look at New Holland Pavilions before World Dairy Expo
- Dairy calf care: Every delivery is special
- Dairy calf care: When to assist, what to do