Proper hoof care is an essential part of dairy herd health management. Many producers, however, shy away from using foot baths during the cold of winter. This week, K-State dairy specialist Mike Brouk urges producers to persist with those foot bath treatments as frequently as possible through the winter months.
Don't ignore hoof care in winter months
- Calif. dairy steals the show on ‘Undercover Boss’
- Fleeing suspect falls face-first in cow manure
- Slow music boosts milk production
- Precision dairy technologies galore: What to do?
- Another study shows that carbohydrate, not fat, is the culprit
- College Aggies Online Program scholarship winner announced