Elwynn Taylor, Iowa State University meteorologist, explains that the impact of the drought could continue if the states of Iowa and Illinois have less than 18 inches of moisture to recharge droughty soils by the end of planting 2013, and that will require above normal rainfall as of Oct. 1 through the end of June.
Drought could continue without soil recharge
- Dairy promotion directors elect board officers
- USDA Farm Service Agency county committee elections begin Nov. 3
- Surging U.S. dollar values weighed on ag markets Friday morning
- Dairy markets: It's a bear out there
- The other crops couldn't duplicate Thursday night soy gains
- Minn.’s Peterson aims to hang onto House Ag Committee role, seat