Mike Stambaugh, University of Missouri research assistant professor, Department of Forestry, specializes in dendrochronology, the science of tree ring analysis. He reports droughts have lasted decades in North America and the fourth or fifth longest during the last 1,000 years was 1908 to 1938.
Drought could last decades according to history
- Global food: waste not, want not
- Heat stress in dairy calves
- AFBF president issues statement on U.S.-EU trade negotiations
- Buckle your seatbelt for the House consideration of the farm bill
- Study: Federal milk marketing order would help Calif. producers
- Ag markets were generally mixed overnight trading