Mike Stambaugh, University of Missouri research assistant professor, Department of Forestry, specializes in dendrochronology, the science of tree ring analysis. He reports droughts have lasted decades in North America and the fourth or fifth longest during the last 1,000 years was 1908 to 1938.
Drought could last decades according to history
- Minnesota's largest dairy shows calf facility
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Video: Milk's journey - 48 hours in 48 seconds
- Video: "Show kids got their white pants on"
- U.S dairy cow numbers up, but replacement heifer numbers lower
- Foremost Farms, Michigan Milk announce strategic alliance