Sid Thakur, MVS, PhD, with the College of Veterinary Medicine at North Carolina State University, outlines his research into pathogen populations, and antimicrobial resistance, at different livestock-production stages. He finds considerable changes in the types of pathogens present as animals move from farms, through markets and into slaughter facilities.
Environment’s role in pathogen populations
- Dairy Focus: The basics of corn silage
- Last look at New Holland Pavilions before World Dairy Expo
- Dairy markets: Full steam ahead
- Grain futures lagged behind the other ag markets Tuesday night
- Vance Agribusiness names 2014 40 Under 40 honorees
- National Mastitis Council Annual Meeting set for Feb. 1-3, 2015