Sid Thakur, MVS, PhD, with the College of Veterinary Medicine at North Carolina State University, outlines his research into pathogen populations, and antimicrobial resistance, at different livestock-production stages. He finds considerable changes in the types of pathogens present as animals move from farms, through markets and into slaughter facilities.
Environment’s role in pathogen populations
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?