Sid Thakur, MVS, PhD, with the College of Veterinary Medicine at North Carolina State University, outlines his research into pathogen populations, and antimicrobial resistance, at different livestock-production stages. He finds considerable changes in the types of pathogens present as animals move from farms, through markets and into slaughter facilities.
Environment’s role in pathogen populations
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- VIDEO: Maddox family's "one cow" philosophy changed industry
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand
- Wash. judge rules non-competes “unenforceable” for A.I. techs