Sid Thakur, MVS, PhD, with the College of Veterinary Medicine at North Carolina State University, outlines his research into pathogen populations, and antimicrobial resistance, at different livestock-production stages. He finds considerable changes in the types of pathogens present as animals move from farms, through markets and into slaughter facilities.
Environment’s role in pathogen populations
- Friday's CME Dairy Market Recap
- DHM Numbers: Cold storage report bullish for butter
- Ag markets closed mostly higher again Friday
- Most ag markets traded firmly Friday morning
- Dairy Herd columnist Mess named social media farmer of the year
- Dairy markets: Class III futures up; butter nears all-time high