Sid Thakur, MVS, PhD, with the College of Veterinary Medicine at North Carolina State University, outlines his research into pathogen populations, and antimicrobial resistance, at different livestock-production stages. He finds considerable changes in the types of pathogens present as animals move from farms, through markets and into slaughter facilities.
Environment’s role in pathogen populations
- DHM Numbers: CWT export sales; dairy replacement auctions
- Recount upholds Missouri’s ‘Right to Farm’
- Next ‘Protecting Your Profits’ conference call is Sept. 24
- Ag markets turned mostly lower Tuesday morning
- FDA vetted seven percent of animal antibiotics for superbug risk
- Corn in great shape as harvest takes off