Sid Thakur, MVS, PhD, with the College of Veterinary Medicine at North Carolina State University, outlines his research into pathogen populations, and antimicrobial resistance, at different livestock-production stages. He finds considerable changes in the types of pathogens present as animals move from farms, through markets and into slaughter facilities.
Environment’s role in pathogen populations
- Will tornado alley come alive this weekend?
- Ag markets proved rather volatile again Thursday
- DHM Markets/Marketers: Cow culling lags; Pennsylvania heifers
- Farm Bureau fights EPA, tells members to ‘ditch the rule’
- How are you using incentive programs on your farm?
- Food waste-to-energy converter introduced at UC Davis