U.S. weather has been one of extremes this year—flooding, drought, tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires and even extreme snowfalls last winter. Now, U.S. Senator Pat Roberts (R-Kan.) provides a first-hand look at a video summary of the drought tour he held in Kingman/Reno counties in late August. “If there is anything in terms of evidence on how we need to strengthen the farm safety net, boy, this is it,” Roberts said. He is the ranking member of the Senate Agriculture Committee.
First-hand look at drought-stricken Kansas
Your browser requires the latest version of Adobe Flash to view this video. Upgrade by clicking below:
- Green milk returns in time for St. Patrick’s Day
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Bill would keep farmer’s private information private
- Land availability top young farmer concern
- USDA expands support for small, mid-sized farmers and ranchers
- DHM Markets/Marketers: CWT sales, dairy cattle auctions
AfiMilk MPC – Ultimate Milking Control solution