U.S. weather has been one of extremes this year—flooding, drought, tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires and even extreme snowfalls last winter. Now, U.S. Senator Pat Roberts (R-Kan.) provides a first-hand look at a video summary of the drought tour he held in Kingman/Reno counties in late August. “If there is anything in terms of evidence on how we need to strengthen the farm safety net, boy, this is it,” Roberts said. He is the ranking member of the Senate Agriculture Committee.
First-hand look at drought-stricken Kansas
- The new line on your milk check — spore counts
- Cropp: October dairy situation and outlook
- 2014 Dairy Herd Management Innovation Awards announced
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand
- Chobani's search for non-GMO fed herds could require 225,000 cows