KLA: Multi-year flex accounts available to water right holders

 Resize text         Printer-friendly version of this article Printer-friendly version of this article

The Kansas Department of Agriculture Division of Water Resources (DWR) now is accepting applications for the multi-year flex account (MYFA) groundwater use program. The MYFA law was revised this year during the Kansas legislative session in response to irrigation demands from the 2011 growing season.

An MYFA allows water right holders to obtain a five-year term permit that temporarily replaces their water right. This term permit allows the user to exceed the annual authorized quantity in any year, but restricts total pumping over the five-year period.

Water right owners who acquired a two-year drought term permit for the 2011-12 year may convert to a five-year MYFA. The deadline for applications is due July 15. Water right holders should contact their DWR field office or local groundwater management district office for more details and assistance in evaluating their options and completing the application.

For more information visit www.kla.org.

Comments (0) Leave a comment 

e-Mail (required)


characters left

6D Series

John Deere offers four models in its economical 6D Series Tractor lineup: the 105 horsepower 6105D, 115 horsepower 6115D; 130 ... Read More

View all Products in this segment

View All Buyers Guides

Feedback Form
Leads to Insight