Michigan Milk Producers Association to be featured on RFD-TV
The Michigan Milk Producers Association (MMPA) will be featured in an upcoming episode of American Farmer, airing during the second quarter 2014 on RFD-TV. In this episode, American Farmer will explore MMPA, and provide information on some of the latest breakthroughs and sustainable initiatives taking place in the dairy industry.
MMPA – a member-owned dairy cooperative serving over 2,000 dairy farmers in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Wisconsin – was formed in 1916 when a small group of dairy farmers from the Howell area gathered at what was then the Michigan Agricultural College in East Lansing. They met to establish a stable, reliable market and price for their milk. The principles and organizational structure that these intuitive farmers established in 1916 laid the ground work for what is now an integral part of today's dairy industry.
”We are honored to be featured by the American Farmer,” said Ken Nobis MMPA president and dairy farmer from St. Johns, Mich. “Our members do an excellent job producing high-quality milk while implementing relevant sustainability practices. As a co-op we consistently rank in the top 10 in the country for milk quality and production, making us a leader in the dairy industry. We are excited to tell our story to this national audience.”
“The amazing history behind the Michigan Milk Producers Association, and the cooperative they have created is something to aspire to," said Chad Densen, Executive Producer for American Farmer. "Everyone here at American Farmer is excited to showcase this special group of people."
For more information on MMPA, visit: www.mimilk.com or call 248-474-6672.
American Farmer showcases the latest advancements in agriculture and farming. It airs airs Tuesdays at 8:30am ET on RFD-TV as well as Tuesdays at 12:30 p.m. and Saturdays at 1:30 p.m. ET on FamilyNet. Visit: www.AmericanFarmerTV.com or call (866) 496-4065.
- Collect Colostrum Sooner rather than Later
- Thursday’s CME Dairy Market Recap
- DHM Numbers: Cow culling slips 12% behind last year
- SCR partners with Nestlé to establish Chinese dairy institute
- Hogs were the exception to the bullish rule Thursday
- Export data, equity gains boost crop futures Thursday morning
- Food Babe visits my university
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- VIDEO: Maddox family's "one cow" philosophy changed industry
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand
- Wash. judge rules non-competes “unenforceable” for A.I. techs