The transition period can be a fragile time with many opportunities for infection. A complete dry cow program should focus on treatment and prevention of mastitis for maximum results. Bob Church, of Patterson Farms in Auburn, N.Y., tells how a teat sealant is a key part of protecting his dry cows.
Milk Quality Focus: Seal out mastitis during the dry cow period
- Crop markets generally strong at midday Monday
- It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a mobile shade machine?
- Crop markets are starting the week on a generally firm note
- Keeping nutrients in the field and out of tile lines
- Combating the Heat in Dairy Herds
- Earthworms help Fresno State clean dairy wastewater