The Summer Grassroots Tour, hosted by the National Milk Producers Federation (NMPF), kicks off July 12 in Olympia, Washington. The meetings run through August and will bring together dairy producers and other key industry representatives to discuss dairy policy reform programs proposed in NMPF’s Foundation for the Future.
“The U.S. dairy industry has called for dramatic changes in dairy policy, and Foundation for the Future answers that call,” says Jerry Kozak, NMPF President and CEO. “Our summer meetings will explain how Foundation for the Future’s dairy policy reforms will safeguard dairy producers’ equity, ensure the future of their operations, and stabilize dairy markets.”
The 12 meetings are schedule to take place in locations scattered across the United States. Each three-hour meeting will feature an in-depth presentation and a question-and-answer session led by Kozak. Additional NMPF staff will assist as needed.
Meeting locations and dates include:
- Olympia, Wash., Red Lion Hotel – July 12
- Visalia, Calif., Holiday Inn – July 13
- Lubbock, Texas, Overton Hotel & Conference Center – July 18
- Alexandria, Minn., Holiday Inn – July 20
- Dubuque, Iowa, Grand River Center – July 21
- Lansing, Mich., Ramada Lansing Hotel & Conference Center – July 26
- Green Bay, Wis., Comfort Suites – July 27
- Stevens Point, Wis., Ramada Hotel – July 28
- Harrisburg, Pa., Holiday Inn Harrisburg – East – August 8
- Syracuse, N.Y., Holiday Inn Syracuse/Liverpool Airport Hotel – August 10
- Ocala, Fla., Hilton – August 12
- Nashville, Tenn., Embassy Suites Nashville Airport – August 22
Dairy producers, milk processors, and other key industry stakeholders are encouraged to attend. Visit www.futurefordairy.com, email email@example.com, or call NMPF at (703) 243-6111 for additional meeting and registration information.
There are no fees to attend; however, space is limited, so register early.