Ninety-seven percent of dairy farms are family-owned and operated, often by multiple generations of family. The Metzger family of Summit Farm in Lester, Iowa are proud to be part of this statistic. Lifelong dairy farmer Rodney Metzger not only has one of his children to take over the dairy — but all five, including daughter Emma, and sons Vance, Eric, Neil and Toby! Rodney says that having his children choose to come back to the family farm warms his heart. As Rodney passes the Summit Farm torch to the next generation, he knows the farm's future is in good hands and his family's legacy and commitment will continue.
Passing the farm to the next generation
- DHM Numbers: Pennsylvania, Missouri dairy cattle sales
- FairRent, now online, helps you find land rent values
- Wednesday's CME Dairy Market Recap
- Ag markets proved rather divergent Wednesday
- Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy® seeking next class of stewards
- Ten Do’s & Don’ts for ‘Low-Cost’ and ‘Retrofit’ Milking Parlors
- One Nebraska farmer takes ALS ice bucket challenge to extreme
- Organic/conventional quite indifferent in cow health, milk
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Iowa rancher is next star on 'The Bachelor'
- Got Milk? Expands communications in unique agency partnership
- Cows, farms also under gunfire near Gaza strip