Get answers to all your human resource questions at the Professional Dairy Producers of Wisconsin’s two-day program on People Management, to be held at the Wilderness Resort, Dec. 5-6, 2012, in Wisconsin Dells, Wis.
Mary Kraft, human resources director and chief financial officer of Badger Creek Farm Inc. and Quail Ridge Dairy LLC, will lead the interactive program.
Kraft will share success stories from her experiences managing 75 full-time employees, both family and non-family, and building a human resource system that is fit for today’s dairies.
Here is a list of topics included in the program:
- What items should be in your hiring package — from mission statement, business philosophy and clarification of pay days to legalities and more.
- How to be prepared for OSHA inspections — What you need to have on file (insurance, workers comp package, etc.)
- Family labor — Assess whether family members are best for the job, plus expectations, successes and challenges.
- Family communication — How to work together while maintaining healthy family relationships.
- Generational transitions — How to grow the next generation, both family and non-family members.
- Effective communication strategies and methods — A “must” for any successful business.
Interactive sessions include “Building a Working Team that Works Together,” and a mock training session on how to effectively introduce people to your hiring and job protocols.
Register online by clicking here or by calling PDPW at 800-947-7379.