All too soon, mild fall temperatures will give way to cold winter conditions. Dairy producers should be thinking ahead to that, and planning winter protection for newborn dairy calves. This week, Kansas State University dairy specialist Mike Brouk suggests several things to line out now, to assure those calves withstand the cold without undue stress and health challenges.
Planning winter protection for newborn dairy calves
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?